The redemption of real estate credit – it is operated by your bank initial or by a bank competitor – does this be of interest to you the borrower. On paper, the bank has nothing to gain from it. Unless it catches up in you charging abusive fees appendices… This is the observation made by the consumer association UFC que choisir in a survey entitled ” Renegotiation of credit real estate : the pitfalls of the banks against consumers “, which was published on 21 June 2017. Focus.
Redemption of credit immoPiège n°1 : the banks would seek to save time
The investigation of the association is based on the analysis of 493 disputes between consumers and banks related to transactions renegotiations of credit – which she could get familiar with testimonials and cases handled by its local associations.
Has to read also
Redemption of credit : what to do in case of disputes ?
1st observation of UFC que choisir : in 23 % of the cases, the banks have sought to save time.
- By participating in record time – up to 11 months for the despatch of the statement of prepayment, a document critical to the redemption of credit by another bank. In the category of the establishments making the most of time to send this document, the association cites Credit Immobilier de France
Has to read also
The various steps of the redemption of credit
- Either by establishing “agreements of redevelopment” – formal or informal – finally not being respected, which would serve to buy time for the bank initial.
UFC que choisir note that the 12-month lost in the framework of a renegotiation of a credit result for the worst by abandoning pure and simple of the part of the borrower – completely discouraged. And, by the reduction of 820 € savings potential for the borrower…
Trap n°2 : the banks manage ill, the records of redemption of credit
The association notes that the errors of the share of banks in the management of records and cases of overcharging are common.
- The borrower is found to have to settle ” are not provided or not explained “. This is particularly the case on the side of the bank’s initial – fee waivers promised at the outset, but ultimately not honored. Or invoices of prepayment indemnities (IRA) while the borrower is in a situation of exemption of legal (occupational mobility or job loss, for example). On the side of the new bank, it is rather ” expensive interim interest “.
Has to read also
In what situations is it exempt from prepayment indemnities (IRA) ?
- The bank requires the borrower for the subscription of banking products or insurance against the redevelopment of its credit
Trap n°3 : the banks would soar, the costs of renegotiation
If the IRA are framed legally, the banks are also catching up – note the association – on the price of related expenses. As well :
- The costs endorsement in the event of a renegotiation with its own bank ” increased by 18 % between 2012 and 2017 to reach by an average of 1.34 % of the outstanding capital “. The minimum amount of these costs would have experienced an increase of +43 %, from 361 € to 516 €, and ” up to 1 500 € to the people’s Bank of the North “
- The costs of the case in the event of redemption by another bank would have about them ” jumped 24 % to their minimum amount, with an average of 323 € “. ING Direct is applying a floor of 750 €…
The result of this investigation, UFC que choisir has decided to enter the DGCCRF and the ACPR to control the practices of the banks and that they ensure that these activities comply with their legal and contractual obligations.
Finally, the association request the Minister of Economy to supervise more strictly the operations of re-negotiations of real estate credit. She asks him in particular to limit the fees for amendment and folder.