Since June 23, 2017, the right to an account is a european law ! It means that any person of French nationality or not, resident or not in France, can receive an account and basic banking services free of charge. Focus.
Since 1984, have a current account is a right of the people living in France and French living abroad. Since the 23rd of June, this right – as detailed in article L. 312-1 of the French monetary and financial code – applies to all individuals who reside in a member state of the european Union, whatever it is.
Has to read also
Qu’appelle-t-on right ?
Right to an account : the list of benefits included evolves
As a reminder, the right to an account is a device that enables people who had been refused the opening of an account to have a deposit account with essential banking services.
So far, 12 banking products and services were included. But, since June 23, the 2 bank checks per month are not necessarily provided free of charge. The other change, the credit card was granted is no longer necessarily map to a permission. It may, therefore, also be an international credit card debit.
The result, here are the benefits included in the right to an account :
- Opening, holding and closing the account
- One change of address per year
- The issue at the request of bank details
- The direct debit bank transfers
- The sending of a monthly statement of transactions performed on the account
- The cashing of cheques and bank transfers
- Payments by SEPA direct debit, under inter-bank payment SEPA or bank wire, SEPA, the latter can be done at the ticket office or remote
- Means of remote consultation of account balance
- Deposits and cash withdrawals at the counter of the agency that is the custodian of
- A payment card
- The performance of cash transactions (cash deposits and cash withdrawals, for example)
For more information on the right to an account : who can benefit ? And how ? You can view the following video. Promised, it is very clear !